The primary function of human resource management is to increase the effectiveness and contribution of employees in the attainment of organizational goals and objectives. Consider all the areas of HRM that have been discussed in class:
- EEO and Affirmative Action,
- Human resources planning, recruitment, and selection,
- Human resources development,
- Compensation and benefits,
- Safety and Health, and
- Employee and labor relations.
Submit a Reflective Paper in which you explain how these aspects work together to perform that primary function. Are any aspects more important than the others? Why or why not? How do you believe the HRM role can be optimized for shaping organizational and employee behavior?
The Reflective Paper must: (a) identify the main issues in the chosen area, (b) demonstrate new learning that has occurred, (c) include class activities or incidents that facilitated learning and understanding, (d) identify specific current and/or future applications and relevance to your workplace, and (e) reflect the potential impact to your future career plans or even in your personal life at home. The emphasis of the Reflective Paper should be on parts ?d? and ?e,? and on the application of new learning. Explore, in depth, the benefits of the new learning and understanding that has taken place.
Writing the Reflective Paper
The Reflective Paper:
- Must be seven to eight double-spaced pages in length, excluding the cover page and reference page, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student?s name
- Course number and name
- Instructor?s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide and has at least five references in addition to the text.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment