Carefully read the case and consider its context in relation to readings and concepts learned in this course. The case includes situational information, which should be used to perform the required analysis and make the appropriate recommendations. You are required to address all of the following questions within your case analysis.
These case studies are to be done individually.
- Read the appropriate materials and prepare an 5 pages (1500-2000 words, +/- 10%) case analysis report for each of the cases.
- Organize your report as you see appropriate for the topic, in a way that address all the questions provided for each case on the course website (not within the case itself). Ensure you focus on both breadth and depth in your analysis and reaction.
- Each report should include an introduction and conclusion.
- Follow APA style in both organization and referencing. Incorporate at least two sound academic sources.
Case Study #1: Bus Uncle Chatbot Creating a Successful Digital Business (A)
At the end of the case, students will be able to combine digital design thinking, project planning and project methodology.
Link for students to purchase case from Harvard Business Publishing: https://hbsp.harvard.edu/product/SMU948-PDF-ENG?Ntt=Bus%20Uncle%20Chatbot%20
(Cost USD 4.25)
- Why is it that the majority of chatbots fail to deliver the expected business outcomes?
- What was unique about the Bus Uncle chatbot? What led to the popularity of the Bus Uncle chatbot?
- What framework did Abhilash follow to develop and enhance the Bus Uncle chatbot?
- What additional advice or recommendations would you offer to Abhilash?