MY TOPIC: ALZHEIMERS DIEASE
Based on your research and what you are learning in class, please write an APA formatted paper focusing on a particular disease or disorder involving the organ systems covered in A&P 2. You can choose diseases or disorders of nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary, digestive or lymphatic systems. The paper must be a minimum of 2 pages and no longer than 3 pages. The page count does not include the Title Page, Abstract, and References sections.
1) Include the following information in your paper;
· Title Page (separate page)
· Abstract (separate page)
· which organs are involved
· disease process
· which population is most affected
· signs and symptoms
· how it is diagnosed
· and anything else you feel will help the class understand your chosen topic
· Reference Page (separate page)
· All submissions must be typed
· APA format only.
· 2-3 pages not including cover, abstract, and references
· Utilize 3 or more journal articles, there is a minimum of three resources required to have the paper read for a grade.
· Academic/professional journals only
· Citations fromsites such as WIKIPEDIA or “ASK.com” will not be considered valid.
5) Important Term Paper Dates
· Monday of Week 2 – Topic of Paper Due (choose topic under discussion tab in Blackboard by 6:30 pm) Topics are on a first come first serve basis. Duplicate topics will not be accepted.
· Monday of Week 4 – Final Paper Due (email submission & hard copy – by 6:30 pm)
Grading Rubric Research Paper
Content (60% of Research Paper Grade) Instructor Review
Topic and Ideas: Explores appropriate topic based on disciplines and college level thinking
Comprehension: Synthesizes information and communicates it through student’s own thoughts and words.
Evidences critical and analytical skills
Composition & Format (40% of Essay Grade) Instructor Review
Format: Correct APA Style format including citations, references, and manuscript preparation.
Research: Appropriate use of scholarly sources
Organization: Writing demonstrates well-developed body that evidences each element of the topic in succinct paragraphs and each paragraph supports the topic
Demonstrates good use of grammar and mechanics. Points awarded as follows: 0-5 errors (15 points) 6-10 errors (10 points) 11+ errors (0 points)
Deductions for Late Work (2 points for every day late)
Deductions for Low Page Count (10 Points for every 1 page below the minimum 3 page count required.