Directions : Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following questions. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments, if possible. Your answer to each question should be at least 300 words in length and utilize APA guidelines.
1. List and describe the events that take place during the boot process.
2. A file management utility provides tools and procedures to help you keep track of your program and data files. These tools are most useful when you have a logical plan for organizing your files and when you need to follow some basic file management guidelines. List and discuss those guidelines.
3. File naming conventions differ by operating system. What file naming conventions does the operating system on your computer use? Using an Internet search engine such as Google or the LIRN Library, research and explain the rules for both Windows and Mac OS. Be sure that your responses are written in your own words.
4. Explain in detail how to defragment a disk. Be sure to list all of the necessary steps and the purpose of each. What precautions should be taken before defragmenting a disk?
5. Compare and contrast two operating systems, such as Windows, Mac OS, or Linux. Provide some advantages and disadvantages of each. If you use Windows, why might you switch to Mac OS and vice versa?