There are five short-answer questions that are to be answered. These questions are to be answered thoroughly and short answers that don’t follow spelling and grammar rules will be penalized. One-sentence answers will not be sufficient to address the question. Turnitin.com will be automatically used on all submissions to check for plagiarism as well, so be sure to cite all sources following APA standards. If the Turnitin report indicated plagiarism, the assignment will receive a zero and will be reported to the registrar’s office.
The questions to be answered will be listed at the end of this page. When you have completed answering the questions, please enter them in a Microsoft Word Document and upload it. The Turnitin check will occur automatically.
EXCEEDS or is at the HIGHEST Expectations: Effort at this level is greater than expected or at the highest level
“A” level responses MEETS Expectations: Effort at this level represents what is acceptable
“B” to “C” level responses
BELOW Expectations: Effort at this level is less than expected
Response shows insight, depth and understanding of all the basic issues of the question.
Response offers a creative and/or critical analysis.
Response is on point and clearly related to the question.
Outside references are used, when needed.*
Response is simple, but shows some insight, depth or connection to the key question.
Some material is irrelevant.
Some personal opinion is not adequately expressed, explained or supported.
Response is simple and unsubstantial; lacks depth and insight.
Response is off point.
References are not used when needed. *
Response consistently shows good grammar, no spelling errors and good editing to promote readability. Response has a few spelling or grammatical errors.
Poor spelling and grammatical errors present.
Informal language is used.
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED:
1. Is a temperature inversion more likely to form on a calm or a windy night? Why?
2. What are the various methods used to protect sensitive crops from damaging low temperatures? Explain why each method works.
3. Would a strong radiation inversion be more likely to form on a winter night or a summer night? Explain your answer.
4. Explain why the dew point temperature provides a better indication of the actual amount of water vapor in the air than the relative humidity.
5. List one or more key identifying features for each of the ten basic cloud types. Which cloud types might have fairly similar appearances and thus be difficult to identify?