1. Examine the figures below. Contrast the role the greenhouse effect plays in the atmospheres of (a) the Moon, (b) Earth, and (c) Venus.
2. In the picture below, explain why the balloons are rising in terms of atmospheric stability. What effect does water vapor have on atmospheric stability?
3. Examine the graph below. In your own words, describe why we see a seasonal difference in CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.
4. Compare and contrast weather and climate and how the atmosphere affects both.
5. Explain how clouds form. Why is the vertical movement of air critical to the formation of clouds and precipitation? What role do adiabatic temperature changes play in these processes? (Hint: What happens to air pressure with increasing elevation?)
Your response should be at least 200 words in length.